Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sustainably Cloned Cows

I don't get it. When I saw the ad in which Cyclone Dairy touting its milk from cloned cows, I naturally clicked through to the website. I expected either a clever parody, ala The Onion, or an anti-GMO rant in cow's clothing. I was very disappointed.

If the site aspires to parody or rant, it fails on both counts. Instead, it is an odd pastiche of semi-plausible claims couched in language that was obviously intended to inflame the fury of those opposed to cloning, GMOs, rBGH and other agricultural biotechnology.

A particulalry nice touch is the photo of the pregnant woman proclaiming:

I trust the perfect cows at CyClone Dairy to provide nothing but the best milk for me and my baby.

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home